Reading Time: 4 minutes
My Wife and I crossed paths while we were both working at the same retail store in Florida. She’ll tell you that she asked me out on our first date. I do remember her asking me out to eat as we closed the store. I’ll sheepishly admit it was a date. ;-) Regardless of how it went down, we haven’t been apart long since that first encounter involving pasta, a bottle of wine and tons of conversation. So much conversation, that the waitstaff closed the restaurant around us!
These days my family (Wife, our teenage daughter, dog Lilly, and myself) live in Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem area of North Carolina. When I am not busy being a Husband & Dad, I run an online marketing agency, have spoken at the national Dad 2.0 Summit, NCTech4Good, and presented and volunteered for the ConvergeSouth conference.
A Bio (For PR folks)
I started blogging in 2003, as a channel for my thoughts. Since that time, it’s transformed several times to include a variety of topics. It turned out that I was one of a few “dads who blogged” before there was such a thing as dad bloggers.
I am a Dad, husband, creator, writer, entrepreneur, and blogger. I am also the author of the book “Mastering Google Keep“. When not online, I can be found tackling home improvement projects, crafting Barbeque, spending time with his family and cheering on his beloved New England Patriots.
My family (Wife, teenage daughter, and dog Lilly) live in Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem area of North Carolina. Over the course of this 13+ year blogging journey, I have covered a lot of ground. Topically, my posts run the lifestyle gamut from Dad issues, to tech, travel, home improvement, auto and even some health/dieting. I have also written for the Good Men Project.
By The Numbers
I started writing this blog in 2003. Originally, it was published on the Blogger platform. In 2010, I converted from Blogger to WordPress.
Looking for my Media Kit? Download it here
- A Guy’s Survival Guide to ‘Fifty Shades Darker’
- 8 Timeless Pieces of Advice He’s Giving 15 Years Later
- Planes Made from Beer Cans and Air Travel Today—a Grandson Remembers
- It’s Not the Size of Your Grill, But How You Use It
- Those Long Summer Days of Our Youth—Then and Now, Carefree and Not
- From Stock Boy to Management, Working With Women Has Taught Him This
- Why This Dad Hates Participation Trophies
- Raising a Highly Sensitive Child Can Be a Private Hell at First
- EZ Times 3: Why He Did His Taxes Three Times Over
- Why I Don’t Go to Bed Angry with My Wife (and Other Lessons from a Lawnmower)
- The Sex Lives of Dads and Moms—Changed Forever, But Not the End
Four Hens & a Rooster
- Becoming The (Imperfect) Parent I Always Wanted
- Experiences or, Possessions? In 2016 We Choose Experiences
- Ways to Save Money on a Family Summer Vacation to Florida with Teenagers
- A Lawnmower and Why I Don’t Go to Bed Angry with my Wife
- Google Alerts & Google Analytics, Better Together
- The Power & Art of the Thank You
- Why I Was Grateful to Be a Loving Dad for the First Time
- Coffee for This Dad’s Best Moments: Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend
- Grilling Always Takes Me Back to the Blizzard of ’78
- Spring Car Maintenance with DIYZ Mobile App & My Teenager
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? How #ISleepTo Win with Beautyrest Sleeptracker
- Cilantro Grilled Shrimp with Balsamic Vegetables
- Why Not Be a Top 10 Dad?
- Getting a Teen Involved with Family Dinners with Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups
- Sonicare Review & Recollection: One of the First Things We Bought as A Couple
- Solving the Case of the Fuzzy Nissan Versa Seats with ScotchBirte Lint Rollers
- I Discovered A New Species of Teenager # #
- Digital Dad #DriveMitsubishi : 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL Review
- My Life Completely Changed the Day My Daughter Was Born
- Too Much Work + Too Little Sleep = Bad Consequences|Enter to Win a Queen Size Restonic Mattress #KingofRest
- Fish Are Food, Not Friends: Family Fun Night with Swedish Fish & WalMart Family Mobile
- Ernie Cline’s Armada and a Talk at Flyleaf Books, Chapel Hill
- High Brew Coffee Review: A Delicious Low Calorie, Low Sugar Cold Brew Coffee
- Ansel Adams “Eloquent Light” Illuminates Adults & Teens Alike
- Join Chef Rick Bayless Cooking Demo at Macy’s The Woodlands on March 19, 2016
- BocaJava’s Blogger’s Fuel Has Arrived!
On Social Media
Speaking & Presentations
For a full run down on my speaking please visit my speaking & workshops page
My Professional Background
Rob Ainbinder has over 15 years experience in online marketing and strategy in a wide range of industries, including energy, gas, B2B and e-commerce. Clients have included Margaritaville (Cargo, Hospitality & Lifestyles divisions), CHI St. Luke’s Hospitals and HCA Hospitals, banks and small to mid-sized online retailers. His online strategies and digital tactics have resulted in measurable outcomes for clients, including increased traffic, improved sales and new business. Rob keeps his finger on the pulse of the latest online trends and is certified in Google Analytics.He is the founder of the marketing firm, Why People Click.
Rob’s strengths include project and vendor management, copywriting, analysis, team building, management and research. Skills include on-line marketing strategy, social media, SEO/SEM, PPC, and analysis.
Rob has presented and/or volunteered for ConvergeSouth, an annual tech conference held in Greensboro, for several years. Rob also regularly attends conferences and seminars in the areas of Search Engine Optimization, Social Media and other internet topics. Rob holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing from American Public University.
Link to this page: https://www.robainbinder.com/about-rob-ainbinder/