I am a Dad, widower, creator, writer, entrepreneur, blogger, and male influncer. I am also the author of the books “Mastering Google Keep” and “Pitmaster’s Log Book“. When not online, I can be found tackling home improvement projects, crafting Barbeque, spending time with my family and cheering on my beloved New England Patriots.
My family (teenage daughter, and dog Lilly) live in Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem area of North Carolina. Since starting my blogging journey in 2003, I have covered a lot of ground. Topically, my blog posts run the lifestyle gamut from barbecue, to Dad issues, tech, travel, home improvement, and auto.
My (late) wife and I crossed paths while we were both working at the same retail store (Bed, Bath & Beyond) in Fern Park, Florida. She’ll tell you that she asked me out on our first date. I do remember her asking me out to eat as we closed the store. I’ll sheepishly admit it was a date. ;-) Regardless of how it went down, we haven’t been apart long since that first encounter involving pasta, a bottle of wine and tons of conversation. So much conversation, that the waitstaff closed the restaurant around us!
These days my family (teenage daughter, dog Lilly, and myself) live in Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem area of North Carolina. When I am not busy being a Dad, I run an online marketing agency, have spoken at the national Dad 2.0 Summit, NCTech4Good, and presented and volunteered for the ConvergeSouth conference.
I started blogging in 2003, as a channel for my thoughts. Since that time, it’s transformed several times to include a variety of topics. It turned out that I was one of a few “dads who blogged” before there was such a thing as dad bloggers or male influencers.
By The Numbers
I started writing this blog in 2003. Originally, it was published on the Blogger platform. In 2010, I converted from Blogger to WordPress.
On Social Media
- Digital Dad Facebook Page – 524 likes
- Twitter – 2,991 followers
- Instagram – 1,343 followers
- Pinterest – 728 followers
- LinkedIn – 3,568 connections
- Why I Was Grateful to Be a Loving Dad for the First Time
- Coffee for This Dad’s Best Moments: Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend
- Grilling Always Takes Me Back to the Blizzard of ’78
- Spring Car Maintenance with DIYZ Mobile App & My Teenager
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? How #ISleepTo Win with Beautyrest Sleeptracker
- Cilantro Grilled Shrimp with Balsamic Vegetables
- Why Not Be a Top 10 Dad?
- Getting a Teen Involved with Family Dinners with Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups
- Sonicare Review & Recollection: One of the First Things We Bought as A Couple
- Solving the Case of the Fuzzy Nissan Versa Seats with ScotchBirte Lint Rollers
- I Discovered A New Species of Teenager # #
- Digital Dad #DriveMitsubishi : 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL Review
- My Life Completely Changed the Day My Daughter Was Born
- Too Much Work + Too Little Sleep = Bad Consequences|Enter to Win a Queen Size Restonic Mattress #KingofRest
- Fish Are Food, Not Friends: Family Fun Night with Swedish Fish & WalMart Family Mobile
- Ernie Cline’s Armada and a Talk at Flyleaf Books, Chapel Hill
- High Brew Coffee Review: A Delicious Low Calorie, Low Sugar Cold Brew Coffee
- Ansel Adams “Eloquent Light” Illuminates Adults & Teens Alike
- Join Chef Rick Bayless Cooking Demo at Macy’s The Woodlands on March 19, 2016
- BocaJava’s Blogger’s Fuel Has Arrived!
Piedmont Local Monthly Magazine
- Smohk’d Family Style Barbecue, Competition Inspired & Driven by Craft
- Gate City Candy Company Charms & Looks to Sweet Future
- South End Brewing Brews Great Beer, On-Site Kitchen & Good Family Time
- A Little Bit of Pigeon Forge Comes to the Triad
The Good Men Project
- A Guy’s Survival Guide to ‘Fifty Shades Darker’
- 8 Timeless Pieces of Advice He’s Giving 15 Years Later
- Planes Made from Beer Cans and Air Travel Today—a Grandson Remembers
- It’s Not the Size of Your Grill, But How You Use It
- Those Long Summer Days of Our Youth—Then and Now, Carefree and Not
- From Stock Boy to Management, Working With Women Has Taught Him This
- Why This Dad Hates Participation Trophies
- Raising a Highly Sensitive Child Can Be a Private Hell at First
- EZ Times 3: Why He Did His Taxes Three Times Over
- Why I Don’t Go to Bed Angry with My Wife (and Other Lessons from a Lawnmower)
- The Sex Lives of Dads and Moms—Changed Forever, But Not the End
Four Hens & a Rooster
- Becoming The (Imperfect) Parent I Always Wanted
- Experiences or, Possessions? In 2016 We Choose Experiences
- Ways to Save Money on a Family Summer Vacation to Florida with Teenagers
- A Lawnmower and Why I Don’t Go to Bed Angry with my Wife
- Google Alerts & Google Analytics, Better Together
- The Power & Art of the Thank You
Link to this page: https://www.robainbinder.com/about-rob-ainbinder/