No more WalMart for this family

Reading Time: 1 minute

On more than one occasion we have encountered the need to have a price adjusted due to poor merchandising practices. All WalMart had to do was make a two dollar price adjustment. Instead, they lost this family as customers. Is this something WalMart is doing to increase their profits?

RELATED  Seth's Blog: The Mediocre Emergency

Rob Ainbinder

Rob is an SEO and Marketing strategist, creator, writer, entrepreneur, blogger, Dad and husband. He is also the author of “Mastering Google Keep”. In his spare time, Rob enjoys completing home improvement projects, crafting barbeque and cheering on the New England Patriots. Rob lives with his family (Wife, our teenage daughter, and dog Lilly) in Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem area of North Carolina.

3 thoughts on “No more WalMart for this family

• November 7, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Okay, this is Randolph Co. so if you don’t shop at Walmart where do you shop? Most of the people I talk to at work seem very afraid to cross the county line. I hate that Walmart seems the only place to shop in Randleman or Asheboro. I thought that maybe I would see some comments from you on Asheboro’s new curbside recyling program. Change of subject I know.

• November 8, 2007 at 6:03 pm

Crochet Goddess! Hello! Thanks for stopping by!

We don’t cross the county line to do our shopping. We just make a few more stops. Walgreens (for soap and medicine), the bread outlet on N. Fayetteville (where they now know my Wife by name), Goody’s (for clothing) and a few stores in downtown Randleman (Firestone and Melvin’s Variety) for household items. It’s a little more work and few more miles but, the benefits are numerous.

I had an auto body technician tell me that the WalMart parking lot is a major source of customers! So, it’s even better for the condition of your car not to go to WalMart.

Asheboro City Recycling? Such a small start for something claimed to be profitable. I’m not so fortunate to live in the inital phase (Zoo Parkway). It will probably be five years before it makes it all the way up to my house!

• November 20, 2007 at 8:13 pm

I know I’m late with a comment but I’ve been dishing Wal-Mart for a long time. I don’t like what happened after they opened in Greensboro and what was happening in High Point before they moved to the other end of town.

I like melvin’s (I did my Christmas shopping there last year) Many fond childhood memories revolve around shopping and the stores when I was a kid. Somehow I can’t imagine Wal-mart bringing back fond memories for anyone.hrist