I can see it now a bill for two to the damn movies will cost $50!Thanks Easley! :-)
Tax policy changes in Gov. Mike Easley’s proposed fiscal 2005-06 budget:
- increase cigarette tax by 35 cents to 40 cents per pack on Sept. 1.
- keep half-cent sales tax that is set to expire July 1.
- first step in phase out of higher income-tax bracket, from 8.25 percent to 8 percent.
- raise sales tax on telecommunications services from 6 percent to 7 percent.
- raise sales or franchise tax on satellite and cable television from 5 percent to 7 percent.
- raise sales tax on liquor from 6 percent to 7 percent.
- apply 7 percent sales tax to candy.
- make newspaper sales tax uniform.
- raise movie, live performance sales tax to 7 percent.
- exempt farm machinery and fuel from sales tax.
Source: Associated Press